5 tips to make your Development Team more productive
If you are a part of a development team, you know how important it is to stay on the right track, improve productivity, and encourage team togetherness. By doing this, you are able to ensure your team will develop excellent software and maintain quality.
If you are looking for creative ways to get your team involved and make sure to get the most productivity out of them, here are 5 tips to help you. They are sure to help your team succeed.
- Set clear intentions and goals. In order to get the most out of your development team, you must set clear goals to work towards. By intentionally setting goals that are challenging, yet reachable, your team will have something to work towards.
It is also important to have these goals written out for team members to see. If you want everyone to be on the same page, the goals should be clearly laid out and should be somewhere that everyone on the team can access.
- Hold Retrospective meetings. This is an important tip because a Sprint Retrospective meeting is a great way to wrap up a sprint or a quarter and to assess how your team did with the goals that were set. Take time to look at what went well, what did not, and what should be continued.
These meetings should be held after the end of every sprint for the development team to make decisions based on the assessment of the last sprint. It is imperative for development teams to look at their past successes as well as what did notwork out, so they can learn and strive to improve.
- Celebrate wins. This is an important tip for every development team. When reviewing past sprints, celebrating things that went well is a great way to raise dev team morale and keep the team working hard towards set goals.
By giving verbal praise, or even throwing a small gathering where the team can share their wins and celebrate together, they will be motivated to keep working hard.
- Assign tasks to everyone. This is a great tip that is sure to get everyone on the team involved in projects. If they each have tasks to complete, then they are much more likely to be engaged and work hard along with the rest of the team.
- Require periodic check-ins. Unlike a formal Agile Retrospectives, simply checking in with team members each week is a great way to keep them on task and focused. It gives them a chance to get some work done and have something to show while also holding them accountable and ensuring they will actually do the work.
By keeping your development team members engaged and active on each project, you are sure to have great success in all that you do. These tips will surely help you get the most out of your remote development team and increase productivity.