Iteration Retrospective (Scaled Agile) format for your use
In this agile retrospective format post we’re looking at the Iteration Retrospective (scaled agile).
What is the Iteration Sprint Retrospective?
This reflective sprint retrospective is used to look back on the previous iteration that was just completed and to derive new ideas from that in order to improve the process. This is a great way to assess how the past retrospective went and improve the next one.
It helps to instill the idea of constant improvement in your team, encouraging them to always keep working towards the future. This retrospective is broken down into two separate parts:
● The quantitative review is when the entire team assesses whether or not they met the iteration goals. This is a binary measurement: a yes or a no.The team also looks at any other metric measurements they agreed to look at and analyze. The team looks at all of the measurable involved in the past iteration and assesses whether or not their goals have been met. From there,they can come up with improvements for the following iteration period.
● The qualitative review involves the team assessing the prior retrospective and the improvement stories that they came up with beforehand.They then look at the current process they are using and come up with one or two things that can be improved for next time. These improvements should be specific to the following iteration so that it is not too broad.
The Iteration Sprint retro can be held in several different ways:
● Individual: Everyone writes a Post-It and then they find a pattern as a group.
● Appreciation: Note when someone has helped the team.
● Conceptual: Choose one word to describe the iteration.
● Rating: The team rates the iteration on a 1-5 scale and then brainstorms how to make the next one a 5.
● Simple: Hold on open discussion and record the results.
What are the Iteration Sprint Retro format uses?
This agile retrospective format is used for finding ways of improving iterations and continuing with the success of your team. It is an excellent way to assess how the past iteration went and come up with improvements for the next one.
When is the Iteration Agile Retrospective used?
This sprint retro format can be used after every sprint and especially before an incoming sprint in order to make a good plan.