If you and your team are looking for the best way to run productive Sprint retrospective meetings, then you need to start by having the proper retro tools...and look no further than this comprehensive sprint retrospective tools’ list.
There are numerous retrospective tools and solutions that offer the structure and value needed to run an efficient and productive sprint retro meeting and ensure your team’s success, you simply need to find out which tool answers your needs the best.
Since there are tons of retrospective tools out there to elevate your retro team meetings from ordinary to extraordinary and will ensure your team’s progress throughout each scrum retro, you mustn’t waste your time on boring, non-productive meetings when you can have access to tools that will bring your meeting some fun and effective ways to get things done!
So to help you gain the details towards the right decision and help you become aware of the retrospective tools available to you, we’ll cover 35 leading scrum retrospective tools and what to expect: overview, pricing, winning feature/s, and more.
This 100% Free sprint retrospective tool makes the whole process smooth, simple, fun, and productive. It is a perfect tool for any team, remote or on site, as your team has access to and can collaborate on several different boards and projects. You can build your boards, allow for comments, easily sort and filter cards and comments, and use that to start a discussion between your team members, along with a voting mechanism to help arrive at important decisions and action items. It is the perfect interactive tool for your scrum meetings, covering all the must-have retrospective needs to ensure productivity and collaboration for all retrospective participants...aka, your development team.
- Pricing: GoRetro is completely free: unlimited boards, unlimited retrospective, and unlimited team members… so nothing should hold you back from trying it out. Unlike other retro tools, this one offers all its features 100% free from the get-go, so you will never have to pay anything.
- Our Fave Feature: All of GoRetro’s features are available for free to everyone, so you cannot really beat it and makes it the go-to tool to run sprint retrospectives. As in features, there are amazing ones including Action Items built-in, happiness index to gauge your team’s well-being, as well as pre-made retrospective formats to choose from.
Retrium gives your team the ability to have meaningful conversations and generate effective plans of action by giving you the freedom of communication. Your team can have interactive meetings that are fun and productive with access to tons of retro activities, creating a relaxed, yet productive environment.
- Pricing: Retrium starts at $29 per month, but you can try it out for free! When you first sign up for Retrium, you will have access to all of the Team Edition features for 30 days and see how it can boost efficiency among your team.
- Our Fave Feature: It is incredibly comfortable and easy to use. The user experience for the “action plan” is great for everyone and can change the whole experience of a retrospective meeting.
TeamMood is a great way to know exactly how your team is doing. Checking on your team’s well-being has never been easier. Team members will receive daily emails checking on their mood that take less than 5 seconds to respond to so that they can get on with their day and you can know how your team is doing each day. Also, it is anonymous so that team members are more likely to answer truthfully and you can really gauge how they are feeling.
- Pricing: At $2 per user with a 30 day free trial, this service is affordable, depending on the size of your team.
- Our Fave Feature: TeamMood is the best retro tool we’ve found to gauge the mood of your entire team and get a read on how your team is feeling every day. It can better help you understand how to take care of your team and their needs.
TeamRetro is a sprint retro tool will ensure that each and every one of your retrospective meetings are worthwhile. You will get all you need and want out of your team meetings and will be able to come up with dynamic action plans for your company's future. You can adequately run your scrum retrospective online whether you have a remote or co-located team.
- Pricing: This retrospective tool starts at $25 per month with a 30 day free trial to begin with. For all it has to offer, it is reasonably priced.
- Our Fave Feature: This tool has an amazing health check feature that we were crazy about. Checking in with the health and mental state of your team members is very important, and we found this one to be particularly effective.
This tool is a lot more than digital sticky notes. It includes lists and cards, facilitation tools, grouping, voting, sorting tools, and detailed meeting analytics. You can ensure accountability for your team’s retros. With so much to work with, your team is bound to have a successful and organized meeting.
- Pricing: This retrospective tool is a bit more expensive at $50 per month beginning with a free 30 day trial. However, it has an extraordinary amount of features to offer and is worth the price.
- Our Fave Feature: Sprintlio has great action item mechanisms, meaning that creating action plans is made very easy. It also has great integrations, so you can integrate all of your reflections, suggestions, and ideas into the perfect action plan.
This online retrospective is perfect for your remote team if you are looking to make strides towards success. Made for team improvements, this scrum retro tool is great for your team if you are serious about making changes towards improvement and greatness.
- Pricing: Starting at $20 per month, this is a very affordable sprint retrospective tool. You can begin with a 30 day trial to ensure that this is what your team needs.
- Our Fave Feature: There is an excellent flow to the whole thing. Your team will flow from discussions to ideas to action plans with ease and end up with sound ideas that will turn into successful plans.
Geekbot tool is many things in one. It is used to automate standups, surveys, daily reports, and, of course, retrospectives. Geekbot will bring you peace of mind by keeping your team on the same page, getting more done, and staying analytical by measuring engagement and productivity. It is run through Slack, so you can keep up with everyone and move your key activities to your favorite Slack channel.
- Pricing: The price is $2.50 per user, which can get a little pricey depending on how many team members you have. However, with all of the amazing features it has to offer, it is well worth the price.
- Our Fave Feature: The combination of standup and retrospective can all be found within Slack. It’s easy to use and easy to find everything you need.
This retrospective tool makes it super simple and effortless to run sprint retrospectives. EasyRetro gives you the freedom to run your retrospective how you want, which is why they’ve made their board so configurable. They also allow you to export your data to use on other tools! They compile all of your past retros into an organized dashboard so that you can easily find what you need and they give you the option to create private or public boards.
- Pricing: This is a very affordable retrospective tool at $25 per team. However, if you are only using public boards, you don’t have to pay anything!
- Our Fave Feature: If you want to create a public board, you don’t even need to sign up for an account!
RetroTool makes retrospectives simple and fun while ensuring they are still effective. RetroTool includes the templates you need to get a board started (or you can start from scratch), gives you the ability to write your thoughts down in a private section, allows you to publish those cards if you choose to, group and discuss different ideas and topics, and create action plans based on those ideas and topics. It is very straightforward and easy to use.
- Pricing: This retro tool is absolutely free! You don’t have to pay for any of the features.
- Our Fave Feature: Well, the fact that it’s free, of course! We loved that you can use any and all features without having to pay.
MetroRetro is a great sprint retrospective tool for real time collaboration. Whether your team is remote or co-located, you can run engaging and productive retrospectives easily with Metro Retro. They offer beautiful templates and interactive features that create a fun and engaging retro meeting no matter where you are. The use of emojis and confetti make the tool fun and interactive, allowing your team to enjoy their meeting.
- Pricing: This is another completely free retro tool! No need to pay for any of the features.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the format and the features like emojis and confetti that make it a lot of fun. And, of course, we love that it’s free!
Team O’Clock helps you combine standups and retrospectives all into one. You can find all team processes and tasks in one place, making this tool your only point of reference for everything your team needs to get done. Retrospective functions are simple to use and action-focused, making your meetings proactive and productive. It helps to minimize time spent on documentation which can be used toward putting your plans into action.
- Pricing: There are different plans to choose from, including a free plan. However, to unlock many of the features you would need, you can pay $29 a month. There is also a standard plan that is $69 a month with one free trial month. This gives you access to everything and is ideal for larger teams.
- Our Fave Feature: We love that you can combine standup meetings and retrospectives all in one tool. It makes things a lot easier.
Engage, empower and execute with this handy tool. This retro meeting app is perfect for Scrum Masters who want to create a team-building meeting or hold a Lessons Learned meeting. It is designed to put remote team members and on-site team members on equal footing so that everyone can participate. It will automatically generate a meeting summary at the end of every meeting that is emailed or delivered via Slack to every team member, making it easy for everyone to review the main points and understand where to go from there. Parabol also integrates with tools such as Atlasian Jira, GitHub, and Slack to fit in with how your team works and allow everyone to participate.
- Pricing: Parabol is free for the first 2 teams! After that you only pay $6 per month per team.
- Our Fave Feature: We love all of the different tools integrated into this retro tool. It makes sharing fast and easy.
Give our article comparing GoRetro to Parabol a look, here!
This Slack-first retro tool does all of the hard work so that you and your team focus on what’s really important - improvement. Retro Rabbit offers easy and seamless access via Slack so you don’t have to create any new accounts, streamlined and actionable retros, the ability to submit a note any time up until the retro so that you don’t have to worry about forgetting anything, rich reporting, and so much more. Retro Rabbit solves many of the retro meetings common problems, all in one easy-to-use tool.
- Pricing: For teams of 5 people or less, you don’t have to pay a thing! It’s all free. After 5 team members, you will pay $2 per user per month. However, you will get 2 free retros before you start paying.
- Our Fave Feature: We love how this tool uses Slack to collect feedback. It really makes it a seamless transition from Slack to retro.
Reetro makes remote scrum meetings simple and fun! This scrum retro tool makes it easy to plan, manage, and execute retrospective meetings. It brings remote teams together so that they can interact and engage with one another while collaborating and building plans for improvement. You can increase team engagement by a lot and take your meetings from good to great without having to do it all yourself.
- Pricing: This retro tool is 100% free. All features are free for any size team!
- Our Fave Feature: Well, what else but the fact that it is completely free?!
This tool focuses on the human element by facilitating active engagement among team members. You can choose between two distinct types of meetings including Lean Coffee meetings which allows team members to create the agenda themselves and Agenda Driven meetings which are more traditional and follow a specific plan that was set before the meeting. By giving you the option to choose which one, you have the freedom to design your own meetings.
- Pricing: You can check it out with a free 30-day trial to see if you like it or not, and then the price is $10 a month per facilitator.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the Zoom integration so that it is easy for everyone to use.
You can also check out our review of LeanCoffee compared to GoRetro >>
This toolkit is perfect for online retro meetings if you want to get results! If you want to add some fun into your meetings and boost engagement, then this is a great place to start. Get everyone involved and easily refer back to previous meetings because everything is saved. Have a little fun in your meetings with different games that are also productive and will get the ball rolling on your meetings. All information is shared in real time, as if the team were all together in the same room.
- Pricing: For up to 5 team members and one meeting every 4 weeks, you can get this tool for free! For up to 25 members and one session ever 2 weeks, the price is $100 a year. For unlimited sessions and unlimited team members, you can pay $240 a year.
- Our Fave Feature: We love that everything is shared in real time and that the games are offered to boost engagement and interaction.
This retro tool offers an engaging way to develop awareness of places where your team can improve and provides opportunities to share topics on the retro board at any time. You can engage from anywhere (desktop, tablet, smartphone) and there is an option to receive notifications via email in case you missed out on anything. Having the chance to contribute to the topic before the retro meeting gives team members the opportunity to take their time and takes away some of the pressure of the meeting.
- Pricing: Try goReflect free for 100 days! Then after that, it is only $2.67 per user per month.
- Our Fave Feature: Besides the fact that you can use it free for 100 days, we love that you can contribute topics ahead of time to reduce pressure.
IdeaBoardz provides a very visually pleasing retrospective tool. It is a great way to brainstorm as a team and sort ideas out. Your team can add ideas at any time, making it easy to collaborate and work together to improve. Bringing together everyone’s ideas into one place, then having them all sorted into different groups and color-coded makes retrospective meetings much more effective and smoothly run.
- Pricing: This is a completely free tool for everyone.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the setup of this tool and how it is laid out. The visuals really help to solidify ideas. Not to mention, it’s free!
This interactive tool makes retros easier and more effective. It is built to do one job, and it does it well. The idea is to run a seamless retrospective meeting, either with colleagues all together or remotely, and then it integrates back to your email and Trello (and soon to be Slack and Jira) to assign the outcomes of the meeting. RemoteRetro offers a variety of classic meeting formats for you to choose from and also offers you the ability to customize a meeting to fit your team’s needs.
- Pricing: RemoteRetro is free for 30 days and then only $10 per month per team after that.
- Our Fave Feature: We love how well it integrates (and continues to expand, adding Slack and Jira soon) and the fact that you can choose from a classic meeting format or create your own.
This easy-to-use format lets you set up a retrospective meeting in just a few clicks. With all the right features for your scrum team, you will be in good hands with Retros.work. Your team members can express how they feel easily, your post-retro feedback is digitally posted, making it easy to refer back to, the energy trends are graphed for easy reference, there is an up & down vote system in place so that everyone has a say, and question models are set up so that they are easy to read and answer. This is a great tool to host remote retrospectives.
- Pricing: For limited features, you can choose the free version, but this does not include things like unlimited archives, trends, and customizable questions. However, if you want access to all of the amazing features, then you can pay 39.90 euros per month for up to 10 users or 134.50 euros a month for up to 50 users.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the customizable question models because they are interactive and really engage the team. We also love the energy score trends so that you can react and adjust to how everyone is feeling.
Check out our GoRetro vs Retros.work comparison, here!
ScatterSpoke's goal is to build a happier team and run more efficient retrospectives. Your team is able to add anonymous feedback to the board at any time so that they won’t forget anything. You can add action items to Slack, Jira and other tools you already use so that you won’t lose them, and you can learn from past retros with powerful analytics. This tool fits seamlessly into your workflow, making it easy to hold a retro meeting at any point and to gather data and share it with your team. It is flexible and functional and perfect for any remote (or in-person) team.
- Pricing: You can try any plan for free for 14 days. After that, you will pay $35 a month for up to 15 users, $95 a month for up to 40 users, or $225 a month for up to 100 users.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the integration of Slack, Jira, and other tools so that this retro tool fits in seamlessly with the rest of your work.
By giving you the opportunity to create an online retro board in seconds, you can communicate and collaborate with your team from anywhere. SprintBoards is designed for your team’s workflow and offers incredible features that are sure to make your retrospectives run smoothly. This tool focuses on user experience and it is for that reason that they have come up with features like keyboard shortcuts, ways to lock and delete boards, the ability to merge any duplicates, and an easy way to browse all history so that your team can stay up to date on previous retrospectives. You can also share on Slack and export to Trello and Jira!
- Pricing: You can try it for free for 7 days and then after that you only pay $7.99 for your whole team!
- Our Fave Feature: We love how user friendly this tool is! The features are built specifically for user comfort and ease of use.
RetroTime scrum tool is a way to make your team love retrospective meetings! It gives you a place to collect, organize, and act on important feedback from your team. This tool features anonymous feedback collection, so your team can share their true feelings about the way things are running, easy-to-coordinate retrospective features, and the chance to meet anytime, anywhere. Once your feedback is collected, you can show the comments for everyone to see and discuss.
- Pricing: You can try it for free for 15 days, and then you can pay $8 a month and run up to 5 retrospectives a month. Or you can pay $15 a month and run unlimited retrospectives.
- Our Fave Feature: We like the RetroTime Hidden Comments that allow you to anonymously collect feedback and keep it hidden until it is time to discuss with the team.
Retroly is a fun and simple tool which is great for teams who want to flourish and ensure that their retrospectives are impactful every time. This scrum tool works to improve team performance within retrospectives. This is great for both co-located and remote teams and can help improve your team by collecting honest feedback. Some of the features include fully customizable boards, easy card sorting, a fun interface, lifetime storage, quick resolution, and a lot more.
- Pricing: Starting for free, you can get 1 retro board for up to 2 teams (55 members max). Then, you will pay $10 for unlimited retro boards and up to 10 teams (20 participants per board).
- Our Fave Feature: We love the engaging and fun interface that this tool has to offer, making it very interactive and great for any team, both remote or co-located.
Outro was designed as a dedicated place for positivity. The design is one of recognizing accomplishments, improvement, and ending on a high note. The whole idea behind this retrospective tool is to create a positive atmosphere in which team members are recognized for their accomplishments and encouraged to continue improving. After all, a happy team equals a productive team.
- Pricing: It’s free to try for the first 4 retrospectives. After that, you pay just $10 a month for your entire team.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the atmosphere that this tool inspires. It is built to recognize accomplishments and encourage teams.
This simple and effective tool was designed so that action items get done! All you do is start a retrospective on your team’s channel, let your team answer questions and discuss amongst themselves, add the action items that need to be done and assign them to specific team members, and complete the action items! It is very straightforward and works with Slack to seamlessly integrate into your workflow.
- Pricing: Retrochat is still in Beta, so you can try it for free!
- Our Fave Feature: We love how action-focused this tool is. It gets right down to the point and ensures that your team gets the action items marked off their list.
This tool is designed for bias-free and focused agile retrospectives. It helps you facilitate your retros in the best way possible and ensure things run smoothly. It all works on Slack, which makes it easy for your team to integrate it into your regular workload. It is designed to avoid biases like recency bias by anchoring and collecting anonymous feedback at any time.
- Pricing: You can get 2 free sessions a month and after that you will pay $15 for unlimited sessions.
- Our Fave Feature: We love that it is bias-free, ensuring that all matters and topics will be discussed.
Trune retro tool was designed to give a structured but flexible approach to retrospectives, helping you achieve continuous improvement. It uses processes like silent writing, presenting, grouping, voting, and action items to achieve your retrospective goals and have a successful meeting. It allows you to custom format templates, keeps track of action items, and gives you 5 free sessions when you first create an account.
- Pricing: Your first 5 sessions are free, and then you pay $19 a month per team.
- Our Fave Feature: We love the process that this tool uses to ensure that each and every topic is heard and discussed. Silent writing is a great feature.
This is a great way of holding remote retrospective meetings because it’s 100% online and you can start in seconds. It works across devices so that your team can connect from anywhere. It is easy-to-use, but includes all the features you need to hold a successful retrospective including user voting, posts grouping, full customization, and fun features such as giphy.
- Pricing: This retro tool is absolutely free for everyone!
- Our Fave Feature: Well, we love the fact that it’s free, of course! You can use all of the features and don’t have to pay anything.
This retro tool is very easy to use. You can create your board, share it with your team members, add cards, and take action. It’s as simple as that. Not to mention, it is real-time collaboration, so it’s as if you and your team were all together. You can choose from six templates to get you going, or you can customize your own. Whatever you choose, you know that your retrospective will be successful.
- Pricing: You can try it for free on 3 boards and then after that you can pay $36 a year for unlimited access.
- Our Fave Feature: We really like the fact that you can choose to use a template or create your own.
The Realtime Retro tool is a great way to help your team if it is experiencing problems when it comes to retrospective meetings. Through team transparency and engaging conversations, your team can take its retrospectives to the next level. With features such as real-time updates, likes, comments, and action item reminders, your team can be on its way to success.
- Pricing: This retro tool is completely free!
- Our Fave Feature: We absolutely love the fact that all of the features are 100% free.
Whether your team is all together or spread out around the world, Retrobot will facilitate collaboration from everyone on your team. Your retrospectives will be done the right way, starting by setting the stage, gathering data, generating insights, deciding what to do (action items), and closing the meeting. By offering a variety of techniques, your team is able to create an action plan and collaborate to put those plans into action.
- Pricing: It’s 100% free!
- Our Fave Feature: Well, of course we love the price (or lack thereof)!
GroupMap is a real-time brainstorming tool for retrospectives. A great platform for planning, brainstorming, and discussing your team’s action plans, this is a great way for your team to meet. With easy-to-use templates, you can customize your workflow, facilitate effective discussions, discover the best outcomes, and share the outcomes. It can also be used across all devices, making it easy for your team to come together, no matter where they are.
- Pricing: You can start out with a free 14-day trial and then the basic plan will cost $20 a month for up to 10 participants. You can also choose the professional plan for $60 a month for up to 50 participants.
- Our Fave Feature: We love that this tool can be used across all devices and that it is in real-time so that your entire team can be involved.
We hope you found our comprehensive sprint retrospective tools list helpful to find the right tool to run your retro meetings.
If you run across additional tools that haven’t been listed, please update us, so we can add them.
Also, once you’ve decided on a tool, please check all the retrospective tips, tricks, formats & ideas in our blog, and more to make the most of your sprint retrospectives.